This course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skill required to assist clients with Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG). The course provides an overview of feeding procedures, PEG equipment and administration of medicines. This is a non-accredited training.
- Reasons/Indications for using gastrostomy tubes.
- Types of gastrostomy tubes.
- Care and maintenance of a gastrostomy tube.
- Administer feeds and medication through the gastrostomy tubes.
- Care of the gastrostomy stoma.
- Identify and deal with the complications.
- Documentation and reporting.
Disability workers, Aged care workers, childcare workers, teachers, first aid officers,
anyone who may be required to administer emergency medications for seizures or anyone
who is interested to learn more about epilepsy.